- Getting There
- At The Bash
- Contact Us
The Birsdville Big Red Bash is now a dog friendly event!
For the many people who travel with dogs on extended trips we have decided to make provision for you to bring your dogs to the Bash – a first we think for an Australian multi day music festival. We are very grateful to the property owners for their support to create this new policy.
The 2017 Big Red Bash will be a TRIAL for our dog friendly policy, so we ask you to consider carefully your decision as to whether or not you should bring a dog, and we request the participation and co-operation of dog owners to abide by the rules to guarantee everyone attending is able to enjoy the event free of any adverse experiences related to dogs. Please understand that this opportunity is a privilege we are extending, and respect all of the dog friendly rules we have in place to ensure the enjoyment of all patrons.
If your dog has a tendency to bark at times, or has any other behavioural traits that would not be suitable in this environment, and which may impact on the enjoyment of others, we ask you to respect the rights of others and not bring it along.
Being a trial year, there will be a limit on the number of dogs we allow, based on the limited available campsite area we have set aside for dog owners. Only dogs that are registered through our system will be permitted, and will be issued with a pass to wear on their collar to indicate that they are registered with us.
Like other dog friendly venues such as caravan and recreation parks, there are some sensible rules to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all patrons.
1. You must advise us if you are bringing a dog when you buy your ticket. There is a tick box provided, and you will be asked to acknowledge you have read and agree to abide by the rules outlined below. This will allow us to register your dog and provide us numbers to ensure we limit the number of dogs to the available dog friendly campsite area.
2. Dogs are restricted to limited and segregated areas at the event including:
a) The allocated dog friendly campsite, at the north rear of the campsite,
b) The dog exercise area adjacent to this dog friendly campsite
c) The dog walkway from the dog campsite to the dog allocated concert area
d) The dog allocated concert area, with its own entrance.
DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN ANY OTHER PUBLIC AREAS INCLUDING THE REST OF THE CAMPSITE, BIG RED DUNE, THE GENERAL CONCERT AREA or THE MAIN PLAZA - Please see map for details of the areas dogs are allowed.
3. You will need to pick up your dog waste and dispose of it in the availale bins provided specifically for this purpose. THIS IS A CRUCIAL RULE FOR OUR LAND OWNER USAGE! *** No general camp waste permitted in these bins ***
4. Dogs are to be kept on leads and under your control at all times. The only exception is in the dog exercise area where any dogs that are off leads must be fully supervised and under your effective control at all times.
5. All dogs must have a tag noting dog name, your name, your car (make, model, colour, number plate) and your phone number. This is to allow for easiest possible reconnection of any lost dogs with their owners.
8. To minimise the chance of any barking during the night, your dog is not to be left to sleep outside during the night and must sleep within your accommodation (i.e. caravan, tent, camper). If your dog does happen to bark during the night, you will need to attend to it straight away.
9. There will be a separate area for people with dogs in the main concert area with a separate entrance/exit. Please do not take your dog into the general concert area (marshals at the gates will control entry). Please note rule 7 in relation to excessively noisy dogs, or those causing any other nuisance which will also apply in the concert area.
Thanks to all of our sponsors who help us bring you this amazing event.
Official Vehicle Sponsor
Government and Council Supporters
Big Run Events, the organiser of the Big Red Bash is enormously grateful for the various forms of assistance provided to the event by Tourism and Events Queensland, the Outback Queensland Tourism Association, and Diamantina Shire Council.
Big Red Bash is a unique high profile outback event, which draws significant media coverage. If you are interested in Big Red Bash sponsorship opportunities, please contact us, and our sponsorship manager will respond to you.