SIMPSON DESERT QLD | 5-7 JULY 2022
The Birsdville Big Red Bash is a dog friendly event!
This provision has been made for the many people who travel with dogs on extended trips, to make it possible for them to attend and enjoy the Bash with their pooch – a first we think for an Australian multi day music festival. We are very grateful to the property owners for their support to allow dogs to attend the event.
We ask you to consider carefully your decision as to whether or not you should bring a dog, and we request the participation and co-operation of dog owners to abide by the rules to guarantee everyone attending is able to enjoy the event free of any adverse experiences related to dogs. Please understand that this opportunity is a privilege we are extending, and we ask you to respect all of the dog friendly rules we have in place to ensure the enjoyment of all patrons.
If your dog has a tendency to bark at times, or has any other behavioural traits that would not be suitable in this environment, and which may impact on the enjoyment of others, we ask you to respect the rights of others and not bring it along.
Only dogs that are registered through our system will be permitted, and you can register a dog when you purchase your tickets.
Like other dog friendly venues such as caravan and recreation parks, there are some sensible rules in place to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all patrons.
1. You must advise us if you are bringing a dog when you buy your ticket. There is a tick box provided, and you will be asked to acknowledge you have read and agree to abide by the rules outlined below. This will allow us to register your dog and provide us numbers to ensure we limit the number of dogs to the available dog friendly campsite area.
2. Dogs are restricted to limited and segregated areas at the event including:
3. You will need to pick up your dog waste and dispose of it in the available bins provided specifically for this purpose. THIS IS A CRUCIAL RULE FOR OUR LAND OWNER USAGE! *** No general camp waste permitted in these bins ***
4. Dogs are to be kept on leads and under your control at all times. The only exception is in the dog exercise area where any dogs that are off leads must be fully supervised and under your effective control at all times.
5. All dogs must have a tag noting dog name, your name, your car (make, model, colour, number plate) and your phone number. This is to allow for easiest possible reconnection of any lost dogs with their owners.
6. You are responsible for your dog and are personally liable for any property or personal damage caused by your dog.
7. Excessively and constantly noisy dogs, or dogs causing any other nuisance and impacting on the enjoyment of any attendees will need to be removed from the event to ensure the enjoyment of fellow attendees.
8. To minimise the chance of any barking during the night, your dog is not to be left to sleep outside during the night and must sleep within your accommodation (i.e. caravan, tent, camper). If your dog does happen to bark during the night, you will need to attend to it straight away.
9. There will be a separate area for people with dogs in the main concert area with a separate entrance/exit. Please do not take your dog into the general concert area (marshals at the gates will control entry). Please note rule 7 in relation to excessively noisy dogs, or those causing any other nuisance which will also apply in the concert area.